Laser Hair Removal Pre and Post Instructions at Noor Laser Center in Catonsville MD
Laser hair removal is intended to remove unwanted hair. For the best results, please follow the directions. For more information, contact us.
Pre-Laser Hair Removal Instructions:
- Shave the area(s) being treated. Laser hair removal treatments require areas to be cleanly shaven at the time of service. Failure to shave the area results in the inability to treat it. If the area is not cleanly shaven the nurse is able to shave the area for a fee of $50. Full-back and full legs are $100. We are unable to provide patients with a razor to shave themselves. If you prefer to reschedule, a $50 same-day cancellation fee will apply.
- Avoid the sun for 30 days before and after treatment. This includes being in the sun longer than 30 minutes, tanning beds, creams and bronzer. Wear protective clothing and SPF 30 or higher.
- No electrolysis, plucking, waxing or hair removal creams for 30 days before and after treatment.
- No use of Retin-As, Retinoids, prescribed acne medication or photosensitive medications for 30 days before and throughout treatment. Please inform the office if you begin any antibiotics.
- If you have a history of herpes, antiviral medication must be started the day before treatment and continued for one week after treatment. The presence of active lesions in the treatment area will cause postponement of the procedure until the skin is clear.
- Take a shower or bath the morning of the procedure and do not apply any products such as lotions, moisturizers, SPF, or makeup, particularly on the treatment areas.
- You cannot have laser hair removal if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have lupus.
THIS TREATMENT IS NOT EFFECTIVE ON RED, BLONDE, GREY OR WHITE HAIR
Post Laser Hair Removal Instructions:
- Avoid hot showers, hot tubs, steam rooms, saunas, and pools for at least 5 days after your treatment.
- Always use sunscreen of at least SPF 30 on all areas exposed to the sun but this is especially important after any laser or light treatment. Continue to use sunscreen on a regular basis.